This article was published by Cox Communications’ Small Business
Navigation Programin February 2012.
Is 2012 the year of video marketing? Yes, according to Adam Singolda, MediaPost’s Online Video Insider.
If public speaking is the new competitive weapon, then video presentations are the next best thing to being there. According to Cisco, by 2013, video streaming will account for 90 percent of all Internet traffic. Video marketing is exploding! YouTube is the second most popular search engine next to Google, and Facebook is the No. 2 site for videos after YouTube.
Why Engage in Video Marketing?
- Video presentations enable you to reach a massive, global audience.
- Video presentations establish you as an expert.
- Video presentations build your brand.
- Video presentations can increase your conversion rate.
- Video presentations level the playing field for small business.
Video placed on a website is 53 percent more likely to be found on the first page of a Google search. And websites with video sell 45 percent more products and services than sites that don’t feature video. Video provides the “know, like, trust