Non-native employees frequently have difficulty speaking and presenting in a U.S. environment. They lose credibility because their style or speech patterns may not seem as dynamic or to the point as their U.S. teammates. Non-natives may not understand humor or idioms but are afraid to ask for help.
Classes on diversity and cross-cultural training are not enough.
That’s why we developed Presentation Skills for Non-Natives.
Whether it’s gaining buy in, presenting information, conversing clearly or composing an email, this program gives Non-Natives the confidence, skills, and know how to succeed in a U.S. workplace.
When presenting or running meetings participants will gain:
- Greater confidence
- Increased persuasiveness
- More clarity in the message
- Better control of meetings and presentations
Benefits for Company:
- Better integration into the company culture
- Increased productivity
- Higher functioning teams
- Less miscommunication
- Recognition for diversity and inclusion initiatives
How is this Different?
- The training consists of both classroom learning and individual coaching.
- Classes are exclusively for Non-Natives providing a safe environment to ask questions.
- Participants learn how Americans think AND practice the skills that are rewarded in the workplace.
- Trainees practice with real content from their jobs-rather than role playing.
- Coaching sessions are based on what each participant values most, whether it’s composing an email or working on diction and vocabulary.
What People Are Saying:
“Practicing was great. You’re a great role model.”
“Very good instructor with high competency and good facilitation skills. The training was very interactive.”
“Very well structured and tailored to our needs. Good, relaxed working atmosphere.”
“Videotaping was really useful.”
“Very well done. A lot of information.”
“Very good tips on presentation behavior.”