June is Entrepreneurs "DIY" (Do It Yourself) Marketing month. Speakers need to effectively market their speeches and presentations. Even if you work for a company, you may be called to speak at industry conferences and trade shows - and that means you need to promote yourself. Marketing doesn't have to be expensive. Here are some free or low cost ways to promote yourself and your business.
- Create a short video and post it to YouTube and social media.
- Send clients thank you cards and gifts. Send a card for FREE on me right now - creativefollowup.com.
- Promote your product in a newsletter with a large distribution.
- Use LinkedIn to find your target market. (read Jan Wallen's book: Mastering Linkedin In 7 Days Or Less).
- Use college interns to help you market.
- Post your links to google+ to get better search engine results.
- Subscribe to HARO's free media newsletter.
- Speak! Speak at local industry associations.
Marketing doesn't have to be expensive. No matter how good you are, it's not how many people you know, it's who knows you that counts. So try some of these low cost marketing tips to get your message and your name out there and make sure you know how to present yourself powerfully. When you're ready to take your presentation to the next level, click here.