For immediate release
Fireside Chat - Confidence Trumps Competence
New York (June 23, 2015) — Diane DiResta was hired to give a fireside chat at the Women in Consumer Electronics conference at the Rubin Museum in New York City. The theme was "Find Your Voice, Own Your Career." DiResta, Founder and CEO of DiResta Communications, Inc., a New York City consultancy serving business leaders who deliver high stakes communications, was interviewed on stage by Award-winning journalist Andrea Smith.
DiResta and Smith discussed whether women get fewer opportunities than men. Some of the highlights of the interview covered:
- It’s not what you know; it’s how you convey what you know.
- You may be sabotaging your own success without realizing it.
- Women need to be aware of how they communicate differently from men and how to present a stronger, more powerful image at work and in the marketplace.
- the language of success and how to weed out wimpy words
- the negative messages that cause women to give away their power
- the number one fear that robs us of visibility
- how to convey confidence without saying a word
- techniques to quickly access confidence
- how to eliminate 10 ways women sabotage their communication, and
- how to convey executive presence.
"If you learn nothing else," advised DiResta, "remember this: Confidence trumps competence."
Audience member Carol Campbell had this to say about DiResta's presentation:
ABOUT DIANE DIRESTA
Diane DiResta is the founder and CEO of DiResta Communications, Inc, a New York City-based communications skills consultancy serving business leaders who want to communicate with greater impact – whether one-to-one, in front of a crowd, or from an electronic platform. DiResta is the author of Knockout Presentations, an Amazon.com category best seller and widely used text in college business communication courses.
ABOUT WOMEN IN CE FORUM
The Women in CE Forum is one of the best events where women in the industry can get together and learn about ways to be sharper around current business initiatives, learn from others about current and potential future careers in the CE industry, and gain some of the best mentors that can help along the way in that journey.